Residential Checklist: What to Ask Your Roofing Contractor
- A copy of current license
- A copy of workers’ compensation and liability insurance. Make sure you check the dates. Make sure it is a policy and not an exemption! Uninsured workers on your property become your liability.
- A list of employees that will be working on your project. Make sure it coincides with names on the workers’ compensation insurance.
- Do you use sub-contractors? If the answer is yes, make sure you get a copy of the subcontractors’ licenses and insurance. Any subcontractor doing roofing work in Florida must have a valid state roofing license.
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you have any complaints against you with the Licensing Board, PCCLB, or the BBB?
- Do your homework! Call the PCCLB at 727-582-3100. Go online and check the BBB website for complaints.
Questions to Ask about Warranties
- Do you offer manufacturer backed warranties?
- Does the manufacturer cover workmanship defects?
- If a leak develops in my new roof after 6 years, who do I call?
- If the leak is determined to be a workmanship defect, does the manufacturer cover the cost of labor to fix?
- Does the manufacturer cover the cost of other materials and not only the shingles to fix a leak?
- Does the manufacturer perform an inspection?
Acoma Roofing Golden Pledge Warranty Answers
- No, we do not use subcontractors.
- Yes, we cover every employee on your property with workers’ compensation and liability insurance.
- We have been in business since 1952. • We have zero complaints with PCCLB and BBB.
- Yes, we offer a manufacturer’s back warranty for 25 years non pro-rated.
- Yes, it covers workmanship defects. (Which most leaks are attributed to)
- If a leak develops, you call Acoma Roofing.
- Yes, our manufacturer covers the cost of labor and all materials associated with fixing any problems that may arise for 25 years, excluding dump fees.
- Yes, our manufacturer performs a 40-point roof inspection upon completion of your new roof. They sign off on the workmanship and assume all liability.
- Our manufacturer is backed by “Good House Keeping.”